Flash Required to view this area.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yogurtland!

One of the things that I will miss most about California is a place called Yogurtland. I have a weakness for desserts, especially ice cream or frozen yogurt. Yogurtland came to Santa Barbara several months ago and I was hooked. First of all, it is frozen Yogurt so there is the feeling that I am eating something healthy and not ice cream. This is just an illusion of healthiness. After adding brownie bits, cheesecake bites and chocolate chips any healthy benefits are non existent.
Second, it is completely self serve and you pay by the ounce. There is one size cup and one large to go container. You can choose form a combination of 8 or so yogurts and around 25 different toppings. Given this layout, each person's Yogurtland experience is unique. WARNING having this many choices can lead to catastrophe. It is possible to end up with flavors that really should not have been mixed. It is best to avoid the rookie mistake of putting every option in your cup and stick to a recipe. I tend to stick t0 fruit flavored yogurt, granola, strawberries, raspberries, brownie bites, cheesecake bites, and sometimes mango.
Tonight's trip was extra special. There are only two sizes at Yogurt land. The standard white cup and the enormous to go container. Ever since I made my first trip I have wanted to try the large to go pink container. Tonight was the night. I thought about my game plan all day. The layer system was necessary to survive this challenge. First, Strawberry cheesecake swirled yogurt as the base. On top of that strawberries and cheesecake bites. Next came a layer of wild berry and strawberry banana yogurt. To top it off brownies, chocolate chips, granola, raspberries, and chocolate chips. The final product weighed in at 24.32 oz. It was so good. Here is before and after.


That was quite a lot of yogurt, and definitely worth the $7.30.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! i've seen those big cups but never knew anyone bold enough to get one! job well done

    ReplyDelete